The New Mexico Venture Capital Association (NMVCA) was formed in 2004 as a trade association for the venture capital and private equity firms that do business in the state of New Mexico. The association provides networking, educational and advocacy services for its member organization. Membership is open to venture capital and private equity firms that invest in New Mexico. There are five main purposes, or goals, of the New Mexico Venture Capital Association:
- Facilitate intra-industry communication
- Provide a unified public voice
- Sponsor and support public policy initiatives (Legislative advocacy)
- Gather statistics on New Mexico venture capital investments
- Educate potential institutional Limited Partners
The organization is managed by a volunteer board of directors consisting of representatives of the member firms. NMVCA’s operations are divided into committees along the lines of the above areas of emphasis.